Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Wishes Fulfilled by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer


I don’t know exactly what to write about this book because it has so many different ideas. I was expecting the book to concentrate and focus on manifesting your desires but there is a major concentration on spirits, the spirit world and God. I’ve also learned a new word Orb. I had to read certain paragraphs twice and I’m a bit resistant to the idea of spirits that are around me all the time. But I have an open mind and I am willing to investigate and not shut it out. So here are a few things that stayed with me.

The book concentrates on the words God spoke to Moses “I AM That I AM”. Dyer repeats throughout the book how God is in us, God is us and how we can grow that spark of God in us to manifest the things we want. I was surprised that the theme had such a strong biblical base.

Dyer wants us to focus on the fact that I AM is God’s name and that we should therefore use these words very carefully when we describe ourselves. When we say I AM, we are invoking the spark of God that is us. So putting any negative adjectives behind the words I AM is using God’s name in vain. For example never: I AM weak, I AM stupid, I AM not successful; instead it should be: I AM smart, I AM successful, I AM love, I AM well, I AM healthy.

Dyer says imagination is very important; always imagine yourself as you want to be. It is also important to fall asleep thinking positive thoughts because they are recorded in our subconscious and has a major effect in our everyday lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment