Search This Blog

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell


The story is composed of six separate stories and if you've seen the movie you know that they are connected. It’s only through the reoccurring images and themes that you begin to see the connection, but you must pay close attention not to miss them. The novel is extremely well written and offers many amazing layers of storytelling.

I only read half the book and had to return it to the library, but I’m not interested in reading the rest.  I’m glad I saw the movie first because I don’t like the layout of the story. I found the transitions confusing and I prefer a story with a straightforward flow.

The synopsis from the Jacket: An American notary in the Chatham Island in the 1850s. A bisexual aspiring British composer in Belgium in the 1930s. A journalist investigating a nuclear power plant in California in the 1970s. A mildly corrupt book publisher in present-day London. A genetic slave in a wayward Korean empire in the near future…





No comments:

Post a Comment