Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fifty Shades Freed by E L James

Books I and II are poorly written but book III is absolutely painful to read.Twilight reads like literature compared to this. I had to ask myself “do I love my blog readers enough to finish this book”. The answer is yes and I take a deep breath and continue.

I want to start the “I hate Anastasia club”!
Ana is twenty-two; she "marvels" at going to bed with a man with two different personalities, she’s petty and stupid. Why did the author make Ana so stupid? Are twenty-two year olds really that stupid?  I'm so sick of Ana "oh I'm not good enough, oh it's so hard to get used to being so rich, oh no another $30,000 bracelet" oh please give me a break!

Grey reminds me of my friend’s two year old sun screaming mine, mine; no one can touch her, look at her or speak to her.

The relationship is very dysfunctional. Why would you want to marry someone you are afraid of and you are always saying "please don't be mad at me"?  

The sex scenes are great but they always F it up by talking and the timing is inappropriate and not realistic at all.  The improper timing of their sexual escapades makes it dirty and sadistic.  It takes the eroticism out of it.

 Overall I am glad to be done. I enjoyed reading the wedding vows in book III; they are beautifully written. 




No comments:

Post a Comment