Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

These books are geared towards the adolescent crowd but I loved the first one. Well written, imaginative and quirky. I love the hero’s personality and spunk but I have to warm up to the heroine, so far she’s angry and a cry baby. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that her mother is the Goddess Athena.
I also enjoyed the movie even though it wasn’t an exact replica of the book. This is a really fun way to learn about the Greek Gods. The Gods are in America and Olympus is on top of the Empire State Building. This fantasy takes place in America, and headquarters are in Manhattan and Long Island. The young heroes face many trials and tribulations. I enjoy the theme of putting our future in the hands of adolescent girls and boys.

Percy Jackson son of Poseidon has been accused of steeling Zeus’ Lighting Bolt. He and his friends, Annabeth and Grover (a satyr), must find the Lighting Bolt and return it to Zeus before the angry Gods go to war which would destroy the humans caught in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment